Stony Hollow TrailJuly 28, 2023
Thompsons’ WoodJune 18, 2020
About Dotyville HIll Forest
Dotyville Hill Forest includes significant frontage along Caldwell Creek’s public-access fly-fishing corridor, and is a part of the Foundation’s Caldwell Creek Watershed Conservation Project, which began with 60 acres in 2012 and has grown to over 1200 acres today.
The 528-acre property is comprised of four adjacent parcels, one purchased from private ownership and three donated by FSF’s Founder and President, Troy Firth, whose generosity provided the in-kind matching donation needed to receive a grant from the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources’ Community Conservation Partnerships Program. Additional support was received from the John Nesbit Rees and Sarah Henne Rees Foundation of Titusville, Trout Unlimited’s Caldwell Creek and Northwest PA Chapters, and James & Vicki Stec of Pittsfield.
Note: Part of this property uphill from Caldwell Creek and along Dotyville Hill Rd. was donated to FSF as land without timber rights. This means that the land can be enjoyed for recreational purposes by the public, but the management of the timber is not under our ownership or control until the year 2060. At that time, the timber rights will revert to FSF's ownership, and our ecological management activities will begin.
A section of the newly conserved Dotyville Hill Forest, which is also part of the PA Fish & Boat Commission’s public access corridor for trout fly fishing
Caldwell Creek along the newly conserved shoreline